Are you someone with developing leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy building relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a trusted partner and a problem solver? If you enjoy entrepreneurship and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile environment.
SOAR is looking for an Environmental Planner. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience. You will be a key part of our multidisciplinary group serving our private sector.
Responsibilities: (What your day will look like)
Technical Activities (94%)
- Contribute to environmental assessments (EAs) for utility and linear development projects (e.g., pipelines, powerlines).
- Coordinate environmental regulatory permit applications and environmental management planning.
- Develop and coordinate public and agency consultation programs.
- Liaise with private sector clients.
- Contribute to business development activities including proposal preparation and presentations.
Learning and Development (6%)
- A commitment to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development.
- Contribution to SOAR’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees.
Qualifications: (What you will need to succeed)
- A degree in planning, environmental studies, geography, or a related field with a strong interest in environmental assessment.
- Ability to work independently (self-driven) and contribute to a multi-disciplinary, team environment.
- Strong communication, report writing, organization and interpersonal skills.
- Driver's license.
- Experience and interest in provincial and federal environmental assessments for utility and linear development projects (e.g., pipelines, powerlines).
- Understanding of EA requirements and legislation, including the federal Impact Assessment Act, Canada Energy Regulator Act, and the Ontario Environmental Assessment Act.
- Familiarity with environmental policy, legislation, and regulation and environmental regulatory processes.
- Demonstrated abilities in multidisciplinary teamwork, detail-oriented tasks, and technical report writing.
- Proficiency in the use of word processing software (e.g., Microsoft Word, Adobe Reader)
Why Choose SOAR
SOAR is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
In addition, we offer:
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We offer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life
- We are committed to developing the skills and knowledge of our people at every stage of their career. The ECD program is designed to accelerate the development of successful consulting careers of new graduates. The program focuses on a mix of skills and behaviours that align with technical, consulting, clients, business acumen, and early leadership.
Learning and Development Opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles
- The creation and sharing of knowledge allow us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery
- The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance
- In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees
We encourage you to contact James Arnold at JArnold@soarps.ca if you require accommodation in the interview process.