Are you someone with strong leadership and technical capabilities? Do you enjoy creating and building long term working relationships and working collaboratively in a team environment with both internal and external stakeholders? Are you a thought-provoking leader, a trusted advisor, and a problem solver?
If you want to become part of an exciting and growing Engineering Consulting company, and you enjoy entrepreneurship, creativity, and innovation, this opportunity is for you! As someone with excellent communication skills and business acumen, you will thrive in our fast-paced and agile workplace environment.
SOAR is looking for a talented and experienced Mechanical Engineer-In-Training to join our multidisciplinary team of professionals. You will have the opportunity to work on new and exciting projects while providing Clients with a fully integrated and superior customer experience.
Responsibilities: (What your day will look like)
Design & Draft (82%)
- Plumbing, HVAC, and Sprinkler load calculations
- Experience with HVAC control systems and schematics
- Prepare design drawings, specifications, reports
- Apply 2D and 3D CAD software such as AutoCAD and Revit and other specialty programs such as Carrier HAP to produce design drawings and energy simulations
- Experience with the design of educational, institutional, healthcare, and commercial buildings.
Project coordination & management (15%)
- Assist project managers and engineers in the functional and detailed design of sustainable and energy efficient building systems
- Collaborate with multidisciplinary team members including engineers, architects, planners, and technical and administrative support staff
- Coordinate and complete field assessments and information/data gathering.
- Coordinate and complete field observation and management of site documentation during construction
- Coordinate and complete contract administration services including processing Contractor's progress claims, valuation of change orders, tracking deficiencies, RFI's and review of shop drawings
- Ensure the assurance of quality, consistency, and integrity of deliverables.
Learning & Development (3%)
- Commit to self-development and ongoing learning and professional development
- Input to the career development of junior staff, including technical direction, training recommendations, coaching, and mentoring
- Contribute to SOAR’s corporate profile through active participation in professional associations and committees
Qualifications: (What you will need to succeed)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in Engineering.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Highly organized and detail oriented.
- Curious about new ways of doing things.
- Keen to be part of our growing team.
- 3 to 5 years of relevant experience, although new graduates will also be considered.
- 3 to 6 Proficiency in the latest version of AutoCAD.
- 3 to 7 Experience with Revit.
- Experience in interpreting and implementing relevant codes, standards, and regulatory requirements.
Why Choose SOAR
SOAR is powered by people who are technically proficient, passionate about socially important projects, and motivated to deliver superior, tangible results. We strive to remain at the forefront of technology and innovation and are empowered to continually grow and develop.
In addition, we offer:
A competitive compensation package
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Generous retirement savings plan
Flexible work hours and remote working options
- We offer a variety of ﬂexible work options to help balance the competing demands of work and personal life
- We are committed to developing the skills and knowledge of our people at every stage of their career. The ECD program is designed to accelerate the development of successful consulting careers of new graduates. The program focuses on a mix of skills and behaviours that align with technical, consulting, clients, business acumen, and early leadership.
Learning and Development Opportunities
- As a knowledge-based business, the organic growth of our knowledge and skills occur through our work performance and roles
- The creation and sharing of knowledge allow us to take local knowledge to scale, capture lessons learned through experience, and continuously improve service delivery
- The development of self and others is an evident and measured core behaviour within our organization
- We use a composite approach to development including coaching to build the how, mentoring to share lessons, advising to round out perspectives, and co-creation of knowledge through internal learning opportunities
Focus on Innovation
- The ability to anticipate, examine, and adopt new and innovative solutions is a crucial driver for the continual and progressive advancement of our business performance
- In our culture, people are empowered to reflect and question current practices and seek forward looking solutions to today’s problems and tomorrow’s opportunities
Employee and Family Assistance program
- A variety of EFAP tools and online resources to support well-being are available to all employees
Goodlife Fitness Corporate Membership
- Our employees can take advantage of reduced annual membership fees
We encourage you to contact James Arnold at JArnold@soarps.ca if you require accommodation in the interview process.